I fixed her torso a bit to match the shapes of the original, changed her eyes to look like herself instead of generic “I’m sexy” smoky eyes, defined her nose just a touch more, opened her mouth to match her natural smile, and slightly changed the shape and color of her brows to match the original 3D.
This seriously took me like five minutes. I bet it looked more like that to start with and then the higher ups were like WHERE ARE HER EYELASHES and THAT SMILE ISN’T LADYLIKE and SHOW MORE CLEAVAGE and SHE’S TOO FAT and the artist was forced to change it.
The sparkly dress is silly but I can live with it if these few things were changed.
definitely looking more like the original
Photo from the The Times accompanying Caitlin’s piece.
Caitlin Moran’s article in The Times (magazine on sale tomorrow, well later today!)
Mini Sketch of Benedict's Life: The Today Show Prep
- BC's PR Agent [going over schedule for the NY Star Trek press trip]: ...And in the morning we'll need you to go on the Today morning talk show.
- BC: Sounds lovely.
- PR: We'll just need you to fight jet lag to get up super early to get to the studio, get into make up -
- BC: - Slick my hair back-
- PR: *sigh* ...slick your hair back, and get on set for the interview where they will make fun of your name, try and make you say the word "bitches" to America and get you to talk about how gullible you are all in the space of 90 seconds.
- BC: Come again...a minute and a half? How is that a CHAT show?!
- PR (checking notes): Problem?
- BC: No. Time. To. Waffle?
- PR: No, just answer their questions.
- BC [sweating, rubbing leg feverishly]: THERE'S MORE THAN ONE QUESTION?
- PR: Yes, you'll be fine.
- BC: Can....I...chop a tomato instead?
- PR: I quit.
Every Cumberbatch Interview Ever
- Interviewer: lol ur name
- Benedict: yep
- Interviewer: lol "cumberbitches"
- Benedict: yep